Hi Everyone
Happy Thursday

I leave tomorrow flying into Dallas to 
help our daughter move her "stuff" out of her sorority house and into a storage unit for the summer
Then we will be driving back to San Diego
{Love}
road trips with her
we sing and laugh and stop at antique stores the entire way
so much fun !!
It will be a memorable Mother's day

 reminds me of a  funny
Mothers Day
This happened when our son was 9 months old ,our daughter was 4
It had been a busy early Mothers day morning
We had gone to Church
which in itself was crazy trying to get everyone fed, dressed and in the car on time, then after Church
we went to a lovely brunch with both of our families. We were home resting in the front yard
grateful to be sitting down,
  the kids were playing on the grass
I looked up to see this young man probably around 17 on his bike
I noticed he was smiling and that he had a rose in a plastic bag hanging on the handle bars of his bike
I watched as he rode down the street he then stopped got off his bike pulled out a pair of scissors and walked up to our neighbors yard and CUT a few roses off her rose bush. ???
WHAT !!!! Oh No... was my first reaction
I then watched as he kept going down the street house by house cutting the most amazing bouquet of roses
At first I was going to stop him, tell him he was stealing other peoples property and then
I  thought of the Mother who was  going to get that beautiful bouquet of roses and my heart melted
{Love}
The memory of the smiling young man on his bike and I still imagine the look on his Mothers face when he handed his Mom that beautiful bouquet of roses 

So Grateful to God for the Blessing of being
a Wife and Mommy

linking up with Fishtail Cottage for
Flora Cottage Thursday
French Country Cottage for
Feathered Nest Friday
and Common Ground for
Vintage Inspiration Friday


romantic saying for today
"Once in awhile in the middle of an ordinary life Love gives us a fairytale"
unknown


Pam


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top