Hi Everyone
 Happy Monday
Planting purple pansies in our front yard 
is a tradition this time of year
The weather is still cool enough for the pansies to thrive
until the midsummer when the sun will be too hot for them 
 Pansies come in so many different color combinations 
but the purple" johnny jump ups" are my favorites
Did you know that pansies are often called the flowers with a face


{Love}
that little touch of yellow 
and white 
Pansies are edible and have a mild wintergreen flavor
it is always fun to add a few to a 
 simple garden salad

Here are the purple pansies
 that we planted last year
they almost had a hint of blue to them 
The blue and yellow pansies are the most fragrant

Last year I went to the nursery late in the season 
and the selection was not very good
 I learned my lesson
and asked the nursery to let me know when the pansies were delivered this year
How fun to have such amazing beauty to choose from

 Grateful for the beauty that surrounds us
linking for Show off Your Cottage Monday
Between Naps on the Porch

romantic saying for today
"Her Love was the light that shined in the darkness to light my way"
unknown


Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top