Did you know that August 20th is National Lemonade Day?
How do I know this little known fact do you ask?
Well......
When I was in Catalina this summer with the Family I was reading a fun book about the history of Catalina and in the book it mentioned the Islanders celebrating National Lemonade day. I had never heard about this before.
So I did some research and this is what I found.
Lemonade was invented in Paris in the mid 1600's.
Part of the celebration of Lemonade day in the early years on Catalina Island included lemonade Popsicles,
lemon tossing games, and lemon bar treats.
Of coarse lemonade stands were popular too.
The lemonade stand was first mentioned in the New York Times newspaper in 1879.
A shopkeeper put a table outside his store on a hot summer day and sold cups of lemonade for 5 cents.
By the 1880s children began selling lemonade at roadside stands.








Here is my family on our boat getting ready to have some of my fresh squeezed lemonade. I love to serve lemonade at parties. It is so refreshing. So go get your lemons, sugar and water and get ready for the fun.
Cheers and Happy Lemonade Day.
Let's celebrate
xxoo
Blessings
Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top